The coveted, platonic relationship between a guy and a girl BFF is something most only see as legend.
Two people with potential sexual energy CANNOT POSSIBLY get along without wanting to jump each other. Am I right?
The answer is no. Having a close guy friend has more benefits than any potential uncomfortableness that may be brought on by two close friends hanging out alone. Not to mention that most of the time, they’re more like a brother than any kind of potential hook-up, the prospect of which makes you actually want to vom.
The Ed Sheeran to your Taylor Swift, the Harry Potter to your Hermione Granger, you’re there for them through thick and thin, with the added bonus of giving insight to the often-confusing female perspective and none of the jealousy. They’re a great balance to have in a world surrounded by sometimes catty, passive aggressive female friends; here’s why:
18. Once you’re in the inner circle, guys will open up around you with their ridiculous, raunchy, crude humor… and it’s hilarious.
17. Their jackets are warm, more comfy, and essentially up for grabs at all times.
16. Their perspective is invaluable because they know how boys think in all situations. (As is yours when they’re wondering whether their GF is being crazy).
15. Boys have limited drama.
14. They’re a perfect cover when you’re trying to duck the creepy guy at the bar.
13. They’re protective over you like you are their actual sisters.