Struggling to figure out a way in surviving college? Well, look no more! I have done some major people-watching (weird, I know) on my campus and here are just a few things I’ve noticed that people should just not do in college:
17. Sitting in the way back.
Seriously, what are you going to learn from sitting in the way back? You’re going to get distracted by so many things by sitting in the back–trust me. I mean, don’t you get tired of looking at Jerry’s butt crack all the time? Just sit up front. You won’t see any butt cracks sitting up front.
16. Eating by yourself.
Personally, I coul just never eat alone. I don’t know why, but it’s always better to eat with a group of friends. You are basically committing social suicide by eating alone. That’s all I have to say.
15. Being vulnerable to peer pressure when it comes to illegal activities.
Welcome to college. A place where you will 99.9989% get exposed to things you’ve never done before: one being that of involving illegal activies that could possibly be of the dangerous kind. Don’t think just because people you know do it that you should do it too. Be different and most importantly be strong.
Being a sorority girl has its perks, but then it does have a few downsides. I’m talking about the ridiculous, untrue things people ask or say to us. Not sure what I mean? Check this out:
17. “You must only care about looks during formal recruitment.”
Appearance matters but it doesn’t play a major factor into deciding who we want.
16. “I heard you guys hate the other sororities. Like you don’t talk to them.”
15. “Oh, so you’re in a sorority. This means you sleep around then.”
I mean, we sleep around with food. Is that what you meant?
14. “Which one’s this?” *starts doing some weird hand symbol that doesn’t even exist*
No. Like what are you even doing there.
Ahhh, aren’t our friends just amazing? No, REALLY. We all have them and we all love them. Here is a list of things we are commonly known to say to our friends (based off of my own experience):
17. “Go check your Insta–I just tagged you as my #WCW
16. “I just posted a status–you should go like it!”
15. “Hey, wanna go get food?”
14. “Do I look homeless? Be honest.”
You come to realize a lot of things about yourself once you join a sorority. Things you were annoyed by or you thought you’d never do all of a sudden become natural to you. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Take a look:
10. You get used to wearing heels.
Yup, you know what I’m talking about: Pin Day. The day we all must dress to success, and wearing heels from class to class becomes natural!
9. You get used to shouting. A lot.
Chanting, shouting from room to room, celebrating mixers–all that good studd that involves a lot of shouting. It becomes a part of your lifestyle.
8. You get used to having your stuff shared.
This becomes a natural part of life because everything that is yours (shoes, clothes, accessories) ends up belonging to 20+ other people too. Remember: sharing is caring.
7. You get used to traveling in a pack.
You go to breakfast in a pack, walk to classes in a pack, study in a pack, go take showers as a pack–you get the idea. It’s like we’re all conjoined with one another.
6. You get used to having an excessive amount of jewelries.
You have to dress up a lot, so of course you would end up buying a lot of jewelries! They spice up the outfits.