Being a sorority girl has its perks, but then it does have a few downsides. I’m talking about the ridiculous, untrue things people ask or say to us. Not sure what I mean? Check this out:
17. “You must only care about looks during formal recruitment.”
Appearance matters but it doesn’t play a major factor into deciding who we want.
16. “I heard you guys hate the other sororities. Like you don’t talk to them.”
15. “Oh, so you’re in a sorority. This means you sleep around then.”
I mean, we sleep around with food. Is that what you meant?
14. “Which one’s this?” *starts doing some weird hand symbol that doesn’t even exist*
No. Like what are you even doing there.
Puberty. I for one am happy it is over with but damn am I glad I went through it. Being 20 now and looking at pictures of myself when I was say from ages 13-18 gives me the chills. I mean sure we all go through phases, and we (fingers crossed) don’t look that bad anymore but God.. There were some rough times to say the least. I feel like we have all had had these 10 thoughts while looking at those throwback pictures of yourself at freshman homecoming or your middle school band performance.
10. Could my face be any greasier? It is like I offered my forehead up someone as their surface to cook their pizzas on. I mean what is that 1,2,3… 25 pimples??? Proactive, you did NOT help me in middle school.
9. What are you wearing??? who ever said it was cool to wear puka shells, gauchos, and a pink poncho? also why did my mother never intervene, because that shit is tragic.