20 Instagram Captions That Are Way Too Basic
If you use any of these captions, I can’t say I’m not judging you. I can say that you’re unoriginal, and certainly not witty. If your heart says to caption your Instagram picture with one of these captions, I hope your head says no. Talk about basic.
20. “Started from the bottom now we’re here.” Every time this caption is used, Drake cries a little bit. Maybe try a different rap song.
19. “Dysfunctional” or “Not normal” We’re in college, none of us are normal. Just because your sticking your tongue out, doesn’t mean you or the picture is dysfunctional.
18. “Hate him” Ever since the 2nd grade we knew that if you say you hate a boy, that means you really like him. This caption is so bland. Just save your energy and instead of typing out this caption, think of a better way to flirt with your crush.
17. “Turn up or transfer” or “turn down for what” Whether you’re way too intoxicated to even type this correctly, or taking selfies in class, this phrase has been so overused that the culprit could be doing anything and think this is an appropriate caption.
16. “Take me back #InsertLocationHere” Instead of implying that you want to go back to Aruba where you drank endless drinks out of coconuts and cured your hangover with the beach, try captioning your artsy throwback with a brief description of your favorite memory… or anything else besides this cliche vacation caption.
15. #Fitfam We get it. You’re at the gym. Now stop taking mirror selfies and go work out. I mean, you’re not even sweating in the picture- and if you’re posting #fitfam on your gym pics, you probably don’t go to the gym that often.
14. “Hey what’s up hello” Yep, you’re a trap queen alright.
13. “Reunited (and it feels so good)” The fact that you’re taking a picture tells us that you’ve been reunited, duh. Have you even heard the song this cliche caption is referencing?
12. Any Taylor Swift lyrics. I’m sure even my Grandpa can spot an overused T. Swizzle lyric on Instagram.
11. “New year new me” SHUT. UP. You might go to the gym for a day or two and cut your hair. No matter how much you want this to be true, we all know it won’t be. You’ll still be basic next year.
10. “Wanderlust” Girls love this word. Admittedly, it’s a great world. It means “a strong desire to roam or travel.” Going to every bar on Mill Avenue isn’t travelling. It might be considered roaming, though. Take this out of your Insta bio right now.
9. “Selfie Sunday” I would even prefer Taylor Swift lyrics under your selfie than you stating the obvious. If it’s Sunday and you took a selfie, I understand you participated in selfie Sunday.
8. “Life’s a beach and I’m just playing in the sand” Oh goodness please no. I can’t stand seeing this caption a picture of a girl doing a cartwheel or a backbend on the beach. You’re not just playing in the sand… you’re also poorly captioning Instagram posts and giving me a good laugh.
7. “One less problem without ya” I’m sure. You might have one less problem without whoever your sub-instagramming about, but you certainly have a problem because you’re an unoriginal basic betch.
6. “Sorry not sorry” Please, be sorry.
5. “Bae” This word used to be funny, then girls everywhere slaughtered it. Now “bae” means absolutely nothing. Your boyfriend is bae, Tacobell is bae, everything is bae. This word needs to die.
4. “Because…” Don’t make excuses for why you’re posting a picture, just post it and follow it up with a witty caption. It’s not cute when every single picture on your page has a caption that begins with “because.” I don’t even know why that became a thing to begin with.
3. “No Filter” The least of our worries is what filter you used.
2. “I’m ugly but…” *posts selfie* Why are you posting a totally hot selfie followed by words of self-deprecation? If you didn’t think you looked good, you wouldn’t post it.
1.” Live laugh love.” Are you in the 5th grade? This one calls for an unfollow.
A caption has the power to make a post a quality one. Take advantage of adding words to your pictures, and don’t fall into using one of these captions- be creative and clever to create a strong personality on your page.