Okay, he’s cute. But his friend is cuter. Or maybe you have a guy at home. Whatever the reason for doing so, sometimes it’s awkward to relay the disinterested vibe to a guy. You don’t want to be mean, but you certainly don’t want to end up in his bed tomorrow morning. What do you do to nip it in the bud?
10. Wear jewelry that your boyfriend gave you… or looks like a boyfriend would give you if you had one. Guys can spot a ring or a classic “boyfriend” necklace from a mile away. And if they don’t, they’ll probably compliment it as a conversation starter to which you can respond, “Thanks, my boyfriend got it for me.”
9. Don’t take free drinks. Guys buy you drinks so they can 1) assert their dominance and show off 2) get you drunk so your judgment is impaired and they have a higher chance of taking you home. Duh.
8. Don’t flirt back. Don’t touch them in any way because that can easily be misconstrued as flirtatious. Be nice…but not too nice.
7. Unmatch on Tinder. Why bother with his “???” messages when you haven’t responded in a few hours. Just unmatch and set him loose on another innocent Tinderella.
6. Don’t answer his texts. If you can help it, don’t even give him your number. Don’t start or continue a conversation with a guy that you have no interest in. If he’s a random guy you met at a bar, you’ll never see him again anyway. If it’s someone who you’ll see from time to time or someone you’d consider being friends with, be absolutely sure the conversation stays platonic.