If there’s one thing we all have in common it is that we’ve all been through awkward moments. They are unavoidable and inevitable. Here are just some awkward moments that we have all for SURE experienced:
17. Calling out your friend’s name multiple times, only to find out it’s not them.
16. When your friend’s parent is yelling at them and you’re right there to experience it all.
15. When your dog takes a s*** and you have to continue the walk holding a bag of doo-doo.
14. When you say “bye” to someone and then up realizing ya’ll are heading the same direction.
It’s not easy being an Asian-American college student. Trust me, I know from experience. I guess I shouldn’t say it’s too bad being Asian-American on campus, but I have come across some struggles of being one that’s for sure:
17. Being asked by your friends: “How do you say *insert random word* in your culture?”
16. Your college friends coming to you for math problems.
15. Your college friends introducing you to other people as, “The Asian.”
14. Low-key judging the campus’s rice because it’s not as good as your mother’s.
Struggling to figure out a way in surviving college? Well, look no more! I have done some major people-watching (weird, I know) on my campus and here are just a few things I’ve noticed that people should just not do in college:
17. Sitting in the way back.
Seriously, what are you going to learn from sitting in the way back? You’re going to get distracted by so many things by sitting in the back–trust me. I mean, don’t you get tired of looking at Jerry’s butt crack all the time? Just sit up front. You won’t see any butt cracks sitting up front.
16. Eating by yourself.
Personally, I coul just never eat alone. I don’t know why, but it’s always better to eat with a group of friends. You are basically committing social suicide by eating alone. That’s all I have to say.
15. Being vulnerable to peer pressure when it comes to illegal activities.
Welcome to college. A place where you will 99.9989% get exposed to things you’ve never done before: one being that of involving illegal activies that could possibly be of the dangerous kind. Don’t think just because people you know do it that you should do it too. Be different and most importantly be strong.
Being a sorority girl has its perks, but then it does have a few downsides. I’m talking about the ridiculous, untrue things people ask or say to us. Not sure what I mean? Check this out:
17. “You must only care about looks during formal recruitment.”
Appearance matters but it doesn’t play a major factor into deciding who we want.
16. “I heard you guys hate the other sororities. Like you don’t talk to them.”
15. “Oh, so you’re in a sorority. This means you sleep around then.”
I mean, we sleep around with food. Is that what you meant?
14. “Which one’s this?” *starts doing some weird hand symbol that doesn’t even exist*
No. Like what are you even doing there.
Let’s get one thing straight: it’s hard being a woman. Men will never be able to understand the struggles we have to face. Here are just a few of them:
10. Giving Birth. Giving LIFE.
9. Our Aunt Flo that visits every month.
8. Getting ready in the morning.
7. Eyebrows. Yes, eyebrows. They have to seriously be on point.
6. Shaving. Everything.
It’s not a surprise that Greek Life gets a lot of bad representation in the media and out. To lighten some of the tensions here is a list of things that you might have heard about Greek Life that is ENTIRELY false. Take a look:
10. We “buy” our friends.
This one gets said a lot and I find it pretty hilarious because it’s not true. We form friendship, we do not buy it. The dues we pay go towards national fees, chapter operating costs, and our social functions.
9. We’re cliquey.
Yeah, we like to hang around with each other a lot. So? This does not mean we’re cliquey. If you just tried to get to know us you would understand.
8. All we do is party.
No. A lot of us value education. We are still regular college students. Just because a few of us go out a few times doesn’t mean that’s ALL we do. Many of us like to keep each other grounded and even form study groups together because that’s what college is mostly about.
7. We’re a cult.
This one is my favorite. Not because it is true, because it is ridiculous. Like, OHHHH YAH we drink blood! Haha! You got us!….No.
6. We’re all spoiled little rich kids.
Some of us are friggin’ broke. Just because we’re in Greek Life doesn’t mean we’re all preppy, little, rich kids driving around in our nice set of wheels…Although that would be nice.
As most of you may not know I live in Wisconsin. Yeah, yeah, I know pretty lame. Although it’s not one of the most exciting places to live, it can have some benefits to it. Just for funsies (yes, it is a word) I thought it’d be nice if I just stated out some pros and cons of living in WI. Enjoy!
10. CON: The weather is as bipolar as you.
9. PRO: Summerfest, “The world’s largest music festival.”
8. CON: Smells like cow. Everywhere.
7. PRO: Madison’s State Street (Great for shopping around!)
6. CON: Flat. Only a few mountains for exploring, the rest is flat. Like paper. I know, I know, boooooring.
Coming from a basic b**ch herself, this list just may be pretty accurate for those of you who may have always wondered if you’re a basic b**ch too. Enjoy!
10. “This is the perfect Instagram.”
You could literally be anywhere and then think to yourself of how it would be the perfect Instagram–whether it’s of a plant, the sky, or you. You Instagram the crap out of that shiz.
9. “Oh my god, I have to Snapchat this.”
At a friggin’ cool party? You Snapchat it. Going out with the girls? You Snapchat it. Working out? You Snapchat it. Peeing? You Snapchat it…Just kidding. I think.
8. “Who’s that b**ch he’s with?”
Got an eye candy? Every girl he’s with you want to know who she is. You think or say this every freaking time he’s with a different girl.
7. “I hate you.”
Ahhh, the typical replacement words for “I love you.”
6. “I just want to drop out and become a stripper.”
Seriously, haven’t we all said this at least once in our life when we just can’t deal with school anymore?