Mistakes are made and fights are taken too far. Sometimes, breaking up is a rash decision that one or both people regret. They say if you love someone, let them go, but I think if you love someone, fight for them. These aren’t guaranteed ways to get back with your boyfriend, but they definitely help to show how invested you are in them. As long as your heart is still with them in all you say, do, and feel, your break up might just turn out to be a little break.
7. Don’t burn or throw out your memories. In anger or sadness, a girl’s instinct is to make all the pictures and love letters go up in flames and donate all those hoodies to Good Will. Don’t. Put all your keepsakes in a box and give it to a friend to hold on to. If things fall back together, you won’t have to start from scratch.
6. Watch your mouth. It’s easy to be super bitchy in the heat of the moment during the break up fight. If you have any hints that this isn’t for real or there’ll be a future, don’t say things like “well your brother is hotter anyway” or anything that could potentially put him over the edge and lose all respect for you.
5. Keep your legs closed. Focus on yourself after the break up, don’t go boy crazy. If you really want another chance with your guy you need to prove that you really still love him. If isn’t going to take you seriously if he hears you’ve been sleeping around. Do you for a while… and no one else. imagine
4. Be civil. A few days after the break up reach out to him with a simple text to see how he is and perhaps apologize. Show that you’re mature and don’t want it to end like this.
3. Work out. Do it for yourself and do it so when he stalks your Instagram he’ll remember what he’s missing. He’ll obviously see that you’re looking good, but also know that you’re happy without him. Be sure to dress to impress for a while in case you run into him.
2. Write a letter. It doesn’t (and probably shouldn’t) be begging for him back, but it should be heartfelt and sincere. Explain how you feel about him, acknowledge what you did wrong, and how you’re going to change with or without him. At the very least, it will be the perfect closure to your relationship if it doesn’t make your ex have second thoughts.
1. Be sure you actually want to be together. Be certain you’re not just fighting for the cute pictures, bedtime cuddles and comfort of having him there. You want to be so in love with him that you can’t possibly be interested in anyone else. Make sure he isn’t coming back to you out of pity or just for a last hook up.