Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf, better known as Queen B, is known for being a catty, bossy, underhanded, and manipulative, and for these reasons, the world loves her. She doesn’t need to hide who she is, or pretend to be someone she’s not. She works hard and goes for what she wants, even if the entire world is against her. She doesn’t love easily, but when she does love, it’s with her entire heart and soul. She would do anything for the people in her life she cares about. She can take down an entire school of girls if she has to, and look stylish doing it. Here’s some great life advice, straight from the Queen of the Upper East Side herself:
20. “When and if we end up together, it has to be as equals with nothing over our heads. It’s the only shot we have.”
Chuck and Blair are one of television’s favorite couples. Despite their ups and downs, you never stop rooting for this dastardly duo. Blair makes an important point, relationships can’t work if you’re not on equal footing with your partner. Keeping secrets and holding things above your partner’s head will only lead to a nasty downfall.
19. “I just need to know that you’ll be there for me.”
College can be stressful, and it’s even worse when you’re on your own. The most important thing is to have friends who will be there for you, who would lift you up when you’re down. Blair wouldn’t be the queen if she didn’t have
subjects friends to help her get through life.
18. “I lose my true self but I want to be found.”
It’s so easy to lose sight of who you are and what you believe in, especially in the whirlwind that is college. When things get tough, remember your roots and let yourself be found.
17. “You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.”
No matter how hard you try, you can never make everyone love you. There are always gonna be some people who hate you, even if they have no reason at all. Don’t stress yourself trying to be liked by everybody. Stay true to yourself and make them respect you, and love will come your way.
16. “As you can see, I survived without you.”
Here’s something they never tell you about growing up. You will lose friends. You will lose people you thought would be in your life forever. But in the end, you will survive it, and be stronger for it. Never force people to stay in your life if they don’t want to be there. You deserve people who want to be in your life of their own free will.
15. “I’ve been waiting all summer to feel sparkly again and I won’t be pulled back into the darkness.”
One of the biggest mistakes we can make is surrounding ourselves with negative people. If there’s someone in your life who doesn’t make you feel “sparkly”, drop them. Don’t let other people force you into darkness when you deserve to walk in the light.
14. “Whoever said money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.”
Bad days happen. Sometimes all you need is the mall, your besties, and a little extra spending money, and suddenly the world will seem right again.
13. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta go kill myself. Or max out my credit card; whichever comes first.
Dramatics aside, Blair knows how to deal with stress. her wit and dramatics are part of what makes her one of the show’s most lovable characters.
12. “Tell me what you feel for me is real or if it’s just a game? If it’s real, we’ll figure it out, but if not then please just let me go.”
Relationships are hard. Relationships in college are harder. Don’t let anyone play with your emotions or use you. If it’s real, hold on as hard as you can. But if what you have isn’t real, save yourself the heartache and let go.
11. “The most important thing in a relationship is trust. After sex. And hygiene. And earning potential.”
Sex, hygiene, and earning potential aside, Blair definitely hits the nail on the head. If you can’t trust your partner in a relationship, it simply won’t work. Trust is everything.